Supreme sauce is a classic and popular "Daughter sauce" of French cuisine. It is made from Mother sauce Veloute, then thickened with cream. (Source - Wikipedia)
I think my recipe is the easiest way how to make this sauce.
Try this recipe and taste home-made supreme.
- 130g unsalted butter (90+40g)
- 90g flour
- 1.5l chicken stock
- 30g creme fraiche
- A splash of Madeira wine (1 bottle cap)
- Make a roux: Melt 90g of butter to make the roux. Then add flour, making sure it does not brown. Combine gently with a whisk.
- Add chicken stock: Add the cold chicken stock to the blond roux. Otherwise, add hot chicken stock to the blond roux if it is cold. Working with different temperatures is essential to avoid lumps. Combine with a whisk. Bring to boil, and then cook 15 minutes.
- Add the creme fraiche: Add creme fraiche and reduce for 15 minutes, whisking at regular intervals. Pass the sauce through a fine seive or chinois, using a rubber spatula.
- Season: Add salt to taste. Return the pan on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add remaining: Add the remaining butter (40g) in one go. This will sauce a creamier consistency. Whisk until homogeneous. Finally add the Madeira wine and whisk.
Go and taste my other recipes - click here
To read my blog posts - click here
my facebook page - click here