Sauce Robert is a brown mustard sauce and one of the small sauces, or compound sauces, derived from the Classic French demi-glace, which in turn is derived from Espagnole sauce, one of the five mother sauces in French cuisine. (Source - Wikipedia)
I think my recipe is the easiest way how to make Robert sauce.
Try this recipe and taste home-made Robert.
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 quart demi-glace
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- Combine sugar and lemon: In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon juice, and until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook onion: In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt butter and cook onions over medium heat until soft and translucent. Don't let them turn brown.
- Add wine: Add the wine and bring to a boil, then lower the heat a bit and continue simmering until the liquid has reduced by two-thirds.
- Add demi-glace: Add demi-glace, then lower heat to a simmer and reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Serve: Stain through a mesh stainer. Add mustard and the lemon sugar mixture, and mix well. Serve immediately.
Go and taste my other recipes - click here
To read my blog posts - click here
Like my facebook page - click here