Chef salad (or chef's salad) is an American salad consisting of hard-boiled eggs; one or more varieties of meat, such as ham, turkey, chicken, or roast beef; tomatoes; cucumbers; and cheese; all placed upon a bed of tossed lettuce or other leaf vegetables. Several early recipes also include anchovies. A variety of dressings may be used with this salad. (Source - Wikipedia)
I think my recipe is the easiest way how to make this salad.
Try this recipe and taste home-made chef's Salad.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, hardly boiled, peeled and quartered
- 6 oz. low-fat cheddar, cubed
- 8 oz. ham, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Divide lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, radishes, hard-boiled eggs, cheese and ham among 4 large salad bowls.
- In a bowl; whisk vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, drizzle in oil until mixture is combined.
- Serve salads, passing dressing on the side.
Go and taste my other recipes - click here
To read my blog posts - click here
My facebook page - click here