Coleslaw salad, is a side dish consisting primarily of finely shredded raw cabbage with a salad dressing, commonly either vinaigrette or mayonnaise. Coleslaw salad prepared with vinaigrette may benefit from the long lifespan granted by pickling. (Source - Wikipedia)
I think my recipe is the easiest way how to make this salad.
Try this recipe and taste home-made coleslaw.
- 1 lb shredded veggies (your choice of cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, snow peas, broccoli slaw, brussels spouts, etc) roughly 6-7 cups
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro (or Italian parsley or mint) chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown rice syrup, agave or honey
- 1 tbsp soya sauce (or GF alternative like braggs or coconut aminos)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced (use a garlic press)
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes or chilli paste
- Toss slaw ingredients together and in a large bowl. Then add cilantro and scallions.
- After that, whisk Asian coleslaw dressing.
- Then Pour dressing into slaw and toss well.
- At last, Garnish with sesame seeds and / or nuts.
Go and taste my other recipes - click here
To read my blog posts - click here
Like my facebook page - click here