Apple sauce is a sauce made of apples. It can be made with peeled or unpeeled apples and may be spiced or sweetened. Apple sauce is inexpensive and widely used in North America and some of Europe. (Source - Wikipedia)
I think my recipe is the easiest way how to make this sauce.
Try this recipe and taste home-made apple sauce.
- 4 pounds of apples, such as mcintosh, Gala and Brae-burn
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 3 tbsp dark-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Boil the water with apples: In a large pot, bring apples, lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups of water to boil over high. Reduce heat and simmer until apples are very soft and falling apart, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add butter & sugar: Mash with potato masher or pulse in a food processor until smooth with small chunks remaining; after adding sugar and butter.
- Cool: Let cool, then transfer apple sauce to air-tight containers.
Go and taste my other recipes - click here
To read my blog posts - click here
My facebook page - click here